Team Leader, Part Time, Calgary
At NewLeaf Cannabis, we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer, offer our products in a clean, contemporary space that invites return visits, and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work. We are currently searching for an energetic and charismatic leader to join our team as a Part-Time Team Leader.
You’re a natural teacher and have a passion for helping others deliver outstanding customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will lead, coach, and develop your team to make a positive impact in the NewLeaf communities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Take the initiative: recruit, coach, and train top talent in an emerging new industry to ensure your team educates and informs their customers.
- Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
- Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
- Share your passion: as the resident expert and enthusiast on our products, you ensure excellent staff training and development.
- Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
- Make it happen: use your problem-solving and collaborative approach to achieve the (seemingly) impossible.
- Aspire for operational excellence: Develop and implement processes and procedures, oversee inventory, provide feedback on product trends and customer needs, maintain corporate visual merchandising standards, as well as assist with audits and AGLC requirements.
If you have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and at least 1- 2 years’ retail supervisory experience,
- Experience working with similar brands/products (not necessary, but an asset),
- Must already have, or be able to quickly obtain, SellSafe and Qualified Cannabis Worker certification,
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Strong organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and evenings)
- A passion for customer service excellence
And these qualifications:
- MS Office suite
- POS expertise
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated abilities in visual planning and merchandising
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, complete our online application form.